GPS tracking solutions are recently being used in mainstream commercial auto insurance these are sometimes called Telematics 2.0. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
The applications of trackers of this kind include:
PERSONAL GPS GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
Law enforcement. An arrested suspect out on bail may have to wear a GPS tracker, usually an ankle monitor, as a bail condition. GPS tracking may also be ordered for persons subject to a restraining order. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• Race control. In some sports, such as gliding, participants are required to carry a tracker. In particular this allows race officials to know if the participants are cheating, taking unexpected shortcuts, and how far apart they are. This use was illustrated in the movie Rat Race. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• Espionage/surveillance. A tracker on a person or vehicle allows movements to be tracked. This application is used by private investigators.
• These devices are also used by some parents to track their children. Some devices can send text alerts to the parents for every unexpected place visited by the child. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• GPS personal tracking devices are used in the care of the elderly and vulnerable. Devices allow users to call for assistance and optionally allow designated careers to locate the user's position, typically within 5 to 10 meters. Their use helps promote independent living and social inclusion for the elderly. Devices often incorporate either 1-way or 2-way voice communication. Some devices also allow the user to call several phone numbers using pre-programmed speed dial buttons. Trials using GPS personal tracking devices are also underway in several countries for use with early stage dementia. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• Some Internet Web 2.0 pioneers have created their own personal web pages that show their position constantly, and in real time, on a map within their website. These usually use data push from a GPS enabled cell phone or a personal GPS tracker. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• Sports: the movements of a rambler, cyclist, etc., can be tracked. Statistics such as instantaneous and average speed, and distance traveled, are logged
• Adventure sports: GPS tracking devices such as the SPOT Satellite Messenger are available that allow the position of a person to be tracked. In particular this allows rescue personnel to locate the carrier. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables These devices allow the carrier to send messages, even when out of cellular telephone range. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• Monitoring employees. GPS-handled tracking devices with built-in cellphone are used to mon GPS speed Miami Coral Gables itor employees by various companies, specially those engaged in field work.
• GPS speed Miami Coral Gables A GPS navigation device and a mobile phone sit side-by-side in the same box, powered by the same battery. At regular intervals, the phone sends a text message via SMS or GPRS, containing the data from the GPS receiver. Newer GPS-integrated smartphones running GPS speed Miami Coral Gables can turn the phone into a data pusher (or logger) device; as of 2009 open source and proprietary applications are available for common Java ME enabled phones, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• As of 2009 open source and proprietary applications are available for common Java ME enabled phones, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian. GPS speed Miami Coral Gables
• GPS speed Miami Coral Gables